Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow?/Georgia?/March?

Dude man dude,
Awesome time this weekend. The B-Boys competed in our first road race this year. No not these B-Boys. Us, duh.

The TTT went great. That is the Team Time Trial for those of you who don’t know. We got third. Yay! Out of three. Oh my! We done good. Nah it was cool, I think we started a little too fast out of the gate but we got it under control pretty quick so that was good. After the TTT we just went back and started the hang out time at the Cowie house hold.

The good times didn’t stop there, the next day we woke to 30 degree weather and pouring rain. AWEsome!! It was super cold at the start and things kicked into gear very fast. The Saint and I covered move after move with the Manamial hitting out a few times. At the end of the first lap me and the Tamer got popped on the last climb and tried chasing but once the break got into gear they straight checked out. The remnants of the peloton formed together and we rode another lap back to the feed. T-had was there and as we were pulling the plug (it had started really raining at this point) the Manamial rolls up in a car we find out that we broke his wheel trying to follow an attack. So I think we did pretty good for the first race, we definitely left some doors open and neither the Saint or I were there when Marshal needed a wheel but we’ll work on it.

Anyway, on to the trip back. So we had a truck, a van, and a trailer. Throw in some snow on top of that. Maybe a little rain too. Just to spice things up. We start the three hour drive back and it starts snowing/sleeting/raining on us. Everything is good until the snow starts packing up on Chaput's windshield. We call Coach and we pull over and scrape everything off and conveniently we stopped at a Starbucks (I wonder who thought of that) so we also had to get some coffee.

We get going again and then like not even a mile down the road Chaput’s driver’s wiper checks out and I find Chaput sitting in my lap trying to look out the passenger’s side widow. So we call Thad again and he comes back and picks us up in the van and then we spend the next four hours of travel time packed in the back seat. Good times, as always.

So to make the story a little bit better, yesterday we had to go down and pick up Chaput’s truck because he got a call from the 5-0. Nothing super exciting happened but we almost died several times, ate a ton of candy, went muddin and almost destroyed my rim on a pot hole on the way back.

It's a good thing we're still mountain bikers.

So it’s been a long weekend. And it’s going to be an even longer week. Dude you know, I totally forgot that this weekend is the start of spring break. Wow, that came up fast. Anyway, if anyone wants to come down to GA and hang out just holla at me.

T

Oh yeah, did I mention that I totally called that nasty weather this weekend?
Thanks, I already knew I was amazing.

No comments: