Monday, March 16, 2009

More Rain

So, another weekend of racing has gone by. It was raining again, both days in fact. I'm pretty sure I drank my body weight in water both days. Along with all that water, I probably drank bits of road kill, oil, gasoline, manure, little rocks, and who knows what else. I hope I don't catch some horrible disease from road racing. Wait, that might be a good thing. Haha, just kidding Marshal.

Anyway, Saturday wend pretty bad, we missed the early break again, then like 2 or 3 laps before the finish we brought back the break and then we(well I, since I was in the perfect spot)missed the second break. In the bunch sprint I got like somewhere in the top ten and the Saint was just behind me.

After trying to dry out my clothes and chilling at the hotel we went out to eat at this sketchy Caribbean restaurant, but it actually turned out to be really good. And they had fried PB and J sandwiches. I love living in the South sometimes. Anyway props to Park for picking a good eatery place. After eating we hung out at the hotel and watched six episodes of Pimp My Ride....way, way too much. This was kind of how it looked except wayyy better and more powdered sugar...just the way I like it. And not soap like this is.


Sunday started at 6 when I walked over to the local IHOP and dug in. It was awesome because I love IHOP and I had some chocolate pancakes. However, the coffee sucks so I had to drink like 5 cups before I got the shakes. It rained the entire morning and I didn't even bother putting on extra clothes because they would be soaken in like five seconds just like Mike's gram cracker.

We missed the break again, surprise, surprise. The break went on like the first lap so we half chased, half rode really slow, half tried to not run into the back of the dude in front. It was pretty much just like this picture


Anyway, I somehow jumped on Craig from Furman and we traded off for the rest of the race. We ended up catching the break and I got dropped but ended up second. That's how road racing is, one day your off the back and the next your off the front. Weird. I hate road racing.

So, instead of road racing I might just show up to Hobby Park this weekend. Or I might go do five hours of base to get ready for nationals.

Here are some pictures from the race and the drive back since I was bored.




No comments: