Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Talladega Days (Racing in South Kack)

Well, I'm trying to pack, work on my bike, write a blog, pack, go ride, and hang out today. So I don't have a whole lot of time to write. But I won't leave you guys in the dark any longer.

The road race on Saturday was good, for the first ten minutes that is. Marshal broke a spoke about that much into the race so I gave him my wheel and got dropped. I rode to the feed and hung out with T-had for a bit and then did another lap to get some extra training in.

The Team Time Trial went better than the first one, we worked together better and I think we posted a decent time, not great but better than getting smoked in the first TTT.

The crit was on Sunday in Greenville at a car race track. It was fun too, but not very selective and it showed with not very many people getting dropped and a big sprint at the end. I put in a digger with 3 or 4 to go and held it until the last lap and finished in the top back half of the bunch.

Nothing exciting but nothing too bad. I think everybody got in some good training and we'll be ready to come back out and fight this weekend in Georgia Tech. Two road races back to back. I'm not really sure what everybody is complaining about, the guys in the Tour do twice as long for three weeks back to back. But we'll see what happens.

I'll probably post some pictures tonight once I get home and everything.
Late

No comments: