Thursday, May 7, 2009

Airport, non-internet, and food

May 6
12:17 pm (ATL airport)

Well, it’s not even 12 o’clock yet and I’m pissed. In addition to my ticket, over priced water, and baggage charges the freaking internet is another expense at the airport. Oh well, at least I have two movies I can watch, but Stars and Bars will get boring after the second time probably.

I’m stuck, the whole plan was that I could watch some Family Guy on Hulu, download some new releases from iTunes and steal movies from my parent’s Netflix account. Not happening anymore. Sucks in a very major way.

So, right now I’m just hanging out in the ATL waiting for my first flight. It’s supposed to come in at some time, I have no idea when but I’m posed to leave at 1:15. Then it’s a short 2 hour one to the home of the gangsters. From there it’s a 5 hour layover before the big 9 hour flight to Germany. I’ll probably be walking back and forth in that tunnel a TON, right Chaput? You know what I’m talking about.
I will say that I was pretty stoked that I didn’t get charged at all for the bike. Which was sickkk. But I am going to be charged for intent. Go rot in some cave airline people. I’m adding you to the People I Don’t Really Like At All List. Along with dentists, doctors, and college text book publishers.

I am extremely bored if you haven’t guessed and this is the shortest part of my journey. Not good. I was a bit bummed to be leaving the 828 yesterday. That lasted until about halfway home when I remember all the food at my house. Haha, just kidding. Nah, there are some good people up there and I’m going to miss seeing them around. Some are leaving Brevard for good, some are going home, and some are staying there. I’ll be seeing you folks soon, after I you know, come back and everything.
T-Walker called me a little bit ago and said that my blog might be on the Brevard College webpage. That’s pretty cool, I guess I’d better not say anything bad about the College now. Not that I do haha.

This is going to be kind of interesting because I don’t really know when I’m going to be posting these entries. So I guess I should include dates and such.

I’ll let you guys go for a bit, this laptop is frying my legs and I should probably go back to wondering what type of driver I am….



May 6
5:05 home time

Chicago Airport

Ok…I officially hate airports. They suck. I still cannot get on the internet and I have no movies to help take up some time. I could go find one…that is an idea I just thought of. I might explore that possibility after I’m finished writing this post. Atlanta had a better deal too with the internet I wish I had gotten some there.
I finally got some food too, Quizzno’s, I was right next to a Mickey D’s but I wasn’t really feeling it so I went with a sub. Turns out it was like 8 bucks for a six inch sub, rip off. Then I found a nice deserted terminal where I sat down to enjoy my sandwich. I was invaded by a family of non-Americans. (They were nice people I’m sure who didn’t speak American (English), but they didn’t have control over their kids who started jumping on my stuff and crawling around my nice previously deserted area.) Whatever. I should have stayed American all the way and eaten my 5 dollar Big Mac.
Well, I’m still sitting here. Only three more hours to my flight. I walked around a bit when I got here and ended up getting lost a little bit and then finding my way to the right terminal. I’d better find some internet when I get to Germany or I’m going to be pissed.

I had a pretty nice flight over to IL. I sat next to this talkative fat guy who sat on the outside. He was pretty nice, especially when I almost put on head on his shoulder when I fell asleep. Can you say “awkward”?

The weather has been wired. It started raining in Atlanta and stopped when right before I left. It was clear and sunny in Chicago but it’s just started to rain now. We’ll see how the weather is in that other country.

No comments: