Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Moving day

Yo, sup. I told you I'd be back. Today the U23 guys left to go to Luxembourg and do some road racing. So, Kevin and I had to move our junk from our sweet room to the room vacated by the U23 guys. This required me to give up my alpha male room and I was not very happy about that. Oh well, I now live in a tiny room with three beds. And no counter tops or shelf space. Bummer. I'll take some more sweet pics soon though.

Before I forget, I need to give Brevard College props for putting me up on the website for the whole thing about going to Germany. I'm going to start writing blogs for the Athletic site too so you can read those too, but it's pretty much going to be the same and you'll get pictures over here. But they're trying and they need props.

Also found some more info on the development camp. Pretty sick. And USA Cycling did an article too, but it's the same article.

Rob woke us up when he left so we've been up since like 6:45. Made some coffee and started the marathon hangout on computers. There's really not that much stuff to do here, other than ride your bike which is what we are supposed to do. I think we are planning a trip next week to France since we are only like a few hours away. That would be sweet, since I at least know basic conversation terms in French than German. Ok, Mom, you were right this time. It probably would have been nice to bring a travelers guide to German on this trip because really no one except Joey, the mechanic, knows German.

I will be happy to be back someplace where people speak American. And I don't have to struggle to complete simple tasks like going to the bath room, ordering food, ordering plain water instead of gas water.

We just finished planning our dinner so I will probably go back to watching the Giro.
Later nerds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i tried really hard not to wake you up. and i swear you didn't wake up. only stephen did. whatver. good luck this weekend.