Thursday, April 30, 2009

New path to Butter

I just finished another long ride in the beautiful mountains of North Kack. Life is rough ain't it? (Wow, even though I'm southern it took me five tries to spell that right-must be the Canadian in me). Anyway, I rode up to Butter Gap today and hung out a bit. Found that new trail that P. Ennis told me about and rode it, a bit steep and sketchy but I made it down.

Last weekend was fun and very um...interesting. After driving down to Yargo and pre-riding the course (which I didn't like very much) we drove over to Athens to experience what the Athens Twilight weekend is. The race was pretty cool but it was a pretty boring race for the most part so I spent the evening standing and hanging out the usual.

Stayed in Commerce that night and got up at 6 after going to bed at 2 to drive down to Yargo. I figured the race would either go really good or really bad. After the typical shennagans at the start, we stayed together for the first lap before Robert and Ryan attacked on the main climb. We still had a huge group half way around that first lap, so I hopped on the front and drove it for bit and that seemed to pop some guys off.

Robert got back on the front and slowed it down a bit for the second lap and I was needing it badly. On the last lap Thomas and Ryan attacked again and got a gap while Seth, Robert, and myself. Robert got popped and it was down to Seth and myself. I pulled out a pass on the very last climb but he defended it very well and shut me down. I backed off and let him take the last spot on the podium.

Big props to Seth for hanging with the front on Sunday. He just keeps on getting fast every time I race him. It's funny, I'm 19 but I'm worrying about the young guys coming up and racing me. It's a hard life at the top, haha.

It's been pretty pinned for the last week, trying to get everything switched before I leave for Germany. Yeah, I'm pretty excited but it's not really going to set in until I get everything finished for school. Wheew. It's been a long week and it's going to be a even longer next few days.

I'm sure I should be studying for something so I'm going to check out. But I'll leave you with a freaking AWESOME movie about Bubba. Everybody need to tune into Speed tonight at 10 (ET) for the final supercross race in Vegas. If you want to hang out with cool people and such come on over and chill. Room 17.

2 comments:

Dan Ennis said...

steep and sketchy? yes. and awesome too...

Jenna said...

Where is this said new route? Old FS road or renegade cut? Divulge, please. I need something to look forward to for Wednesday, May 13.