Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Windmills, bakery, and racing

C'est la vie. Howdy folks, I'm back from being busy sitting on my butt. It's been awesome.

Let me start with Sunday's race. It was really, really short. Under 10min laps. It went straight up this super steep climb and a gradual downhill before climbing again and a really fast loose downhill to some grass back to the start. It was really short, did I say that before?

Anyway, we had to do 10 laps for about 20K total. It was a much smaller field than the Swiss race but still there were 30 guys in our race. We rode from our hostel to the race and then back home after it was over. It took about an hour of easy spinning to get down there. So we raced 2 hours on Saturday, rode Sunday morning for half an hour, rode down to the race, raced for an hour, and rode back. Pretty long week end. I'm a little tired of riding my bike.

The race went good, I figured most of the guys would be gassed by the super steep climb so I sat back and chilled until the top where I could make up time. Didn't really work because the Euros were thinking the same thing. Anyway, Tad drove the front for a few laps and it got whittled down pretty quick, I rode in 3rd for most of the race before blowing big time on the last couple of laps. Rob passed me and caught 2nd and I ended up sprinting a dude for 5th. Pretty sick, I didn't get on the podium but I still got paid some Euros. Sickness!

Monday we rode with Rob on this super long ride where we climbed for at least an hour. It was pretty cool but probably not the best thing for after a race. I took some pictures at the top when we hit the snow line.

Today, we rode some more trails and rode up to these three wind turbines and hiked up to the top of a tower and then rode some pretty sweet, steep trails down. I took some pictures at the top. After we were done riding I walked around town and took some more pictures of Kirchzarten.

Tonight, Mark and his wife, who are staying outside Kirchzarten are going to cook us dinner. We are going to go up there and hang out for a bit and probably play some soccer with his kids. Sounds like some good times.

Later Ameica, I'll be back soon.









This is one of the bakeries in town by the way. It's good, but not as good as BMB.

1 comment:

Emily said...

!!!!! (no words, just that, to represent how stoked i am for you.)