Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Welcome to the USA!

Sorry folks, I didn't mean to keep you in suspense. I made it back. But you might have already known that from my Brevard post. That is if you read the Brevard website.

So, it took forever but I finally made back into the US of A. Pretty happy not to struggle with ordering food or finding the bathroom or other simple tasks. I made a mental note to improve my language skills and stop being so ignorant. A big eye opener as I figured it would be. So that's good, I don't know about me but the parents get really excited when I start talking intellectually.

I also will say; that even though I couldn't really understand any of what they were saying, the Frankfurt Airport has some of the most attractive airline representatives that I have ever encountered. Germans are smart, use the most attractive people you can find for customer service. So when they charge you 300 Euro for your bike, you bat your eyes at them instead of the price. FYI and a fun, interesting side note for you travelers.

Saturday was the hill climb, wait I can't even remember if I did a report on that. OH ya, I did. My B. So Sunday we drove up to someplace where I don't remember the name. Hang on, Solingen Germany, that's it. So we drove up, kitted up, and headed out for a lap. It was a pretty fun course, nothing too steep, which I like. And a downhill start. They started the U23 riders with the Pros but they separated the classes for awards. E-tan and I sunk up to the front after we got called up at the back. I got a good start in about 5th and sat in on the descent. Some pro guy just launched off the front and the 2nd place guy started chasing him so that left me with Ethan and some other dude who we thought was a U23. The three of us rode together for most of the race until the other guy attacked and dropped us. We started chasing and Ethan ended up dropping me and another two pros passed me. To make a long story short, the guy who we thought was a U23 guy was actually a Pro so Ethan won it and I got second. Pretty rad.

Mitch was pretty bummed because he just missed out on a podium in 4th for the second time. But he probably made the most amount of money from his 4th at the hill climb. Trevor and Colin both had good races too. Stephen crashed and was bummed and Kevin was burnt out and happy to be going back to the states.

So what am I doing now? Just chilling at the house in Ga trying nail down everything I need to do before summer starts. I can't really tell you my plans for the rest of summer because I'm going to have to start doing secret training. But I will be at the Bump and Grind this weekend hopefully running it wide open. For you 828 residents I am coming up there next weekend and I'm bringing some presents too. So keep your eyes open.

I add some pictures too since I can finally up load them in a reasonable amount of time. Late, T.


Busy packing bikes after a long day.


Chilling at the airport and trading stories.


Podium shot.


Apparently they don't use pants in Germany.

2 comments:

The Hoo said...

hell freakin yeah congratulations

Jenna said...

Welcome back!