Monday, May 18, 2009

Send IT!!!

Homies, I'm kind of liking this whole time change thing. I can wait until after lunch time to write my blogs because I know none of you are going to be up at 3 in the morning checking your email. How do I know this? There's absolutely nothing to do after we get up except sit on facebook waiting patiently for someone to get on. And I know you won't be online unless you're studying and doing homework or you're one of the those people who tries to talk to people at 3 in the morning completely wasted. I know who you are...

I thought I could talk about the race, but I'm pretty much flat wore out. IF you want to read about the race in depth, check out the post I did for the Brevard Website. It took me forever by the way. I'll even give you the link so you don't have to go search for it.

To make the story short, I pretty much rode the same pace the whole race. Didn't feel good and didn't really feel bad either. Just the same speed. Got a bad start and first lap and missed the "move". I ended up 23rd but if I was like 2 minutes faster then I probably would have been in a big group. And then I could have got a possible 12th place. I guess, I hope. No, that's all theoretical. But the chance was there.

The course was pretty lame, total euro. Crazy start, long gradual climb that pitched up hard for a while and some really muddy spots at the top. The downhill was pretty lame, the DH'ers used the same course and made it really choppy. It was pretty freaking rough in some places, some big wheel size holes and stuff. Nothing really that bad about it, mostly one line with some places where you needed to enter with a little less speed or enter it wider. Pretty tame. After pre-riding and scaring the daylights out of me on my dry tires (Fast Tracks), our mechanic changed over to my Sauser Winds, which was probably the best tire for that course. They were hooking up. So, props to Specialized for making that sick tire that I could run. Worked great.

We found a good Italian food place after the race and hung out for a while eating and trading stories. It was pretty cool and we had some sweet ice cream two times after that.

I went for a ride witH Jimmy, Joey, and Mitch this morning. We rode down to Freiburg and checked out some stuff. I forgot my camera so I'll probably go back some time this week.

This weekend is going to be pretty pinned. We have a local hill climb on Saturday and then an XC race in the north on Sunday. We think it's a afternoon race so we'll probably leave Sunday morning and drive up. I think it's like 4 hours away. Not really sure where it is though. Then after the race we have to pack our bikes and bags before we drive down to the airport in Frankfurt and I get on a plane and go home. I'm still sorting through pictures and stuff, so I'll probably post something this afternoon some time or tomorrow because I'll probably forget today. Oh well.

I'm going to leave you with some sweet vids.

The first Trevor found of the race that we did. It's from 2007 though. Similar course but there's some new stuff that I never saw.

The second one is pure awesome. Great song, great riders, great racing. They were lucky I didn't race downhill on Sunday.







No comments: