Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Too Little Hat

Well, I'm a little late on the whole blog from the Icycle. But you can deal with it. School's been dropping the clutch out a bit this week and I've been trying to catch up by writing blogs.

The Icycle was awesome. I got in a short pre-ride the day before and the track looked good. T-had blew off the course but left some sneak lines covered on the decent which was cool. Thanks coach.

I "helped" with registration and course marshaling in the morning and almost missed my race because everybody's phones were off because of the no service thing. Nonetheless, I was able to get changed a get a decent warm up before the start. We started hard and I stayed at the front for a few laps until things blew up mid way through lap 2. I attacked Cameron Cogburn and held on for the win. It was really nice to show off for all of our sponsors, some of whom were there at the Icycle. The one and only KOP picked up second and Pinnett scored a solid 6th.

Before helping with the downhill race, I hit up a few runs on the DH course. They had changed it from years past to avoid the erosion at the bottom and to remove the long pedally section near the bottom. It was fun, I hit a few cool lines and tired to scrub it over the last jump but it didn't really work out so well.

Anyway, the next day we hit up some Tsali and attempted to do some testing for the 12Hr race there in May. It didn't really work out because the trails were in pretty bad shape from the melting permafrost.

This past week has been pretty busy with school, nothing really hard but just a ton of lame pages of homework and a few papers thrown in. Not awesome. Marshal had a birthday and we decided to help him celebrate by cutting his hair into a mow hawk. It was good times and I happened to snap a few pictures here and there.

Although, I've been getting mostly bad news from most of my old sponsors, Wes D hooked us up with some awesome new ones. I'm going to announce the whole list soon as I'm waiting to hear back from some other ones. But as you can probably guess from my home page, I'll be running some I9 wheels, Cane Creek headsets and Specialized bikes and tires. And Braken Mountain Bakery is the mostest awesome place to eat here in the 828. Word.

Oh yeah, I need to get a hair cut, too much hair and not enough hat.

1 comment:

The Hoo said...

hell yeah bmb shout out