Monday, January 26, 2009

Risky Roadies

Dude so like in the past week, I've had several very, very close encounters with cars. And they have not been really cool at all. Like I probably would have been saying "later nerds" as I floated away.

Anyway, for everybody out there, just freaking take your time getting around anything in the road much less cyclists. I'm not usually sketched out about that stuff but it's been getting to me.

Anyway, off that note. I got my glasses today and I'm stoked. I didn't tell my parents but I totally lost my old glasses over Christmas break and I haven't been able to see for(how much is that?) that length of time. It has not been very cool at all by the way.

Hitting up the Icycle this weekend. It's going to be AWESOME,I'm probably not going to race but just go and work on some hang out time. So if your around and need someone to hang out with, just hit me up and we'll chill.

So, my hands are wallered from typing so I'm going to peace out.
Later nerds

1 comment:

Jenna said...

You can certainly appreciate this-- Thad and I rode with a group ride in Spartanburg yesterday (actually counted as "work" for me). We had almost finished the ride when a dude in a teal truck nearly clipped us and yelled the usual pleasantries. Thad, uncharacteristically, flipped him off. The guy slams on the brakes, 180s on the road/grass, and then drives straight toward us, dragging a length of some sort of rope behind him. I brace in, close my eyes, and keep pedaling. He misses us by about 2 inches. Then, after we've been riding for maybe 5 minutes, he comes by AGAIN and lobs a piece of wood at us, hitting Thad in the back. It fortunately was something like a short, fat stick. Still, though... what a great first ride in my new jurisdiction!