Monday, June 21, 2010

Lazy Sunday Part 2

So it's been pretty slow and stready down in the south. I wanted to point out how lazy I've been by not even thinking of a better title for this post. What have I been doing since the last post? Working at camp, working at home, and lots of hanging out.

I did actually go shopping with Mom the other day. You will probably make fun of me for saying this but I don't really know what to do if I'm not riding my bike every single day. This is the first summer where I haven't been traveling every weekend to races. Strange. Anyways it was fun spending some time goofing off in Atlanta.

I guess before I go futher, I should give ya an update on my face and everything. Face is healing up good, some scaring but nothing too bad. I finally look some what normal and another week or so I'll be back to normal-ish. The elbow is pretty good too, I can't really open any spagetti jars but I can live with that. The problem with crashing on your face (well, one of the problems) is it takes a little while to actually feel good enough to go out and ride, i. e. rest and recover. My great idea of crashing just before the most important races of the season kind of screwed up my plans. I took almost a week and a half off the bike and with the time I missed from work and some other issues dictated my plans for the rest of the season.

I'm pretty much taking the rest of the season off. Skipping nationals and just doing some local races. It's a bit of a bummer but you've got to play with the cards you have instead of seaking some under the table (not like I ever do that, hehehe).

In other news, I'd ask somebody to come down here and race me on my downhill track but I know everybody in Brevard is just too scared. I put some more dirt on a few of the jumps and smoothed out some other places. Looks good. It's not 100% finished, but when is anything?

So since this was a semi-depressing post and my attention span drifted to motocross videos on youtube I'll cut out. But I left you with some good vids. First one you probably won't be able to find anywhere else but it's two riders ripping it up on some Stumpjumpers and the second is another good rider hitting some lines at Schaldaming, one of my favortie DH tracks. Enjoy.

Later 'merica.

Brendan Fairclough and Curtis Keene in Santa Cruz from Taylor Sage on Vimeo.



1 comment:

Dan Ennis said...

going to chatt july 31 for a ttc race, ill throw the sx in the truck and swing by and show you how fast your track can be run haha...

jump for show, turn for dough!!!