Monday, June 14, 2010

Injuries

Well, I might as well give everyone an updated on my weekend. It was planned out to be a low key, chilaxing weekend with a whole lot of nothing going on. Saturday fit the bill. A long roadie ride in the morning followed by some hanging out at Northstar Bikes. Then I came home and finished painting my room. Some productivity, let me tell you.

Sunday was shaping up to be more of the same. I tried to go for another roadie ride but I ended up ripping out two of my valves from the tubes. Pretty pissed about driving all the way out to the gaps and not being able to ride I drove back home and picked up the mountain bike to go hit some lines at Bull Mountain.

Ride started good but near the end of the trail I hit a section with some root ledges. Ummm....yeah, I can't really remember what happened but I think I tried to drop the ledges and got my front wheel stuck in a hole. Next thing I know I was back at my car with blood everywhere. Put the bike on the roof and drove to the ER. Yay!

I landed on my face again, but only got 9 stitches in it this time. There's a bad cut on my left elbow that got 14 stitches and some smaller stuff here and there. I also got another CT scan and some X-rays but they turned out good. I think the final total of stitches was around 28. Ow. I feel like I got run over by a truck. Still no broken bones.

Anyway, enough of the details. I feel pretty good about the wreck if I can. I'm pretty beat up but I don't think it will put me down for too long. And I'm totally going back and hitting that section again.

So yeah, just figured I should let everybody know that my face is a little messed up again so you can make fun of me. Hahaha. Later 'merica.

3 comments:

David Sagat said...

Dang bro! Glad you're alright. If you're still cool to ride this weekend we should go do a long ride on the mountainbikes on Sunday.

Tristan Cowie said...

Uhhh...that's probably a negative. Sorry bro, I might, just might be able to go for a short ride tomorrow.

David Sagat said...

Aww man well I'll be on the road bike in the morning leaving out of Alpharetta but anytime after noon or sometime this next week we can go ride.
I still have one week left until I leave for Euroland.
Hope you feel better dude.