Thursday, August 13, 2009

Big Money

Wow, I just totaled up my trip to that northern 51st state. It was not cheap, but when is good fun and great trips cheap? I mean until the candy prices come down, I'm stuck with paying for my enjoyment instead of getting free stuff.

In case you didn't see that, that was a plug to any candy company for sponsorship...just leave me a comment.

Haha, anyway. I was gone for a while, long enough to do laundry three times. Which is a long time for me. I dropped you off after I finished up at Bromont. We drove down to Ludlow (awesome name for a town by the way) to stay with Ethan Gilmore and the crew for a few days. As T-Nasty figured out we could never find all necessary items (internet, TV and Phone Service) for chilaxing. Only two, every time we drove into town everybody would be talking on the phone from the time we got there to the time we left. Must have been pretty entertaining for the locals.

Ethan showed us some good riding in the next town and took us on a brutal recovery ride where I bonked and complained the whole time. Wednesday T-Nasty and I drove down to that snowy mountain. The boys of the Dirty South let me stay at their condo for a few days while we stocked up on chillage, where once again we couldn't get phone service or internet. But we did get TV. Sickness.

The course was pretty fun, they went back to the old start loop of going up the gravel and coming down the trail. But they did cut out half of the climbing and descending on the rest of the course. Bummer that we didn't have that fun decent but I didn't really miss the climbing.

I started pretty good, and was sitting top 25?? when my cleats came loose. Like that ever happens. Quick backtrack, earlier in the week I switched shoes because I damaged my race pair. And it turns out that I didn't remember to check the cleats before my race. So a big bummer that it happened, but you can bet money that I'll never forget to check my cleats.

So I finished 33rd, not bad out of like 70 something starters so I at least brought home some glory. Not much though.

What now? Nothing much, I finally got home Tuesday night and I've been trying to finish stuff up before I go back to school. I've been taking a much needed break off the bike for the past couple of days.

I might do some cool stuff, like a downhill race or even go to the beach. I don't think I've ever been to the beach during the summer so this should be a cool experience. I'm also doing some tire testing too, I figured if I'm going to be repping Specialized tires I should probably ride all of them so I can half way know what I'm talking about. So next time you see me so you ask me how much I know about tires...haha.

In the mean time, start making plans to come to the Brevard Collegiate race to cheer us on and I might be doing another "Kool Aid" man deal.....we'll see.

When are they going to move Tim Horton's down here?

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Is it a Cowie-ism to only go to the beach in the off-season? haha