Monday, April 20, 2009

Sun, Rain, Tornados and Fightin Words

Yo, I'm back. For the moment.

Let's see where I did I leave off. Oh yeah, it was just before the conference champs in B-Town. They went good, bad and ok depending on who you ask. In the road race we manged to continue the season long theme of missing the break and chasing. We missed it and then soft pedaled for like the rest of the race. Interesting points during the three hours we rode around the land of the water falls included St. Marie and I goofing off in front of Talent (who was driving the wheel truck) and then getting ridden into the gutter in the next cross wind. I imagine that Talent was laughing extremely hard at this point as we pretty much were performing Bike Racing 101 rule of what not. I tried to set up Marshal on the run into town but the legs said no I got popped off my group rolling in at 24th.

The crit went a little better but not by much. I missed the break again and spent the rest of the race chasing. This is where I have to go on my little rant.

I'm not going to mention any names because the people I'm talking about know who they are. Let me just say, that you: **** ***** and you: *********** and you: ******* are just making life harder for yourselves. I consider you guys all my friends but after this weekend I'm reconsidering. As for you: ******* I'm not really sure what I think of you. I left the door open for you and I still have a little bit of respect but not much anymore. All of you folks better wish that you are graduating this spring because mountain bike season is going to suck. For you that is, not for me. I don't like it when people don't cooperate with me. And you must be satisfied with second place because that's all your going to get this fall.

Sorry about that, I just had to bring the rain down on some poor souls. After the break lapped us I figured what the hell, might as well put on a good show for the home crowd. I attacked with one to go and soloed to an 8th with the Saint right behind me in a very impressive 9th in his first true crit.

Now it's time for the props and thanks. Props go out to Joh and Jami for their first and seconds over the weekend, Parker for "parking" that road race with a 2nd, Wells for staying in the road race and team time trial, Mrs. Punky for holding out against 100s of little Lee's McRae racers, St. Maire for the impressive crit racing, the Manimal for cracking the whip on the hollow, and Batman and Robin for some great results in the sticky C Men field.

A super big thanks goes out all those people who helped out this weekend. The Saint Mariesss, the Wellszszszs, the Tellmans, the Hartleys, KB for handing us water, Coach Walker for doing WORK, the sister, DE and DC for setting up signs and the course, Chris J for driving the van, Talent for driving, Eddie for driving and standing, and everybody else for helping us ride in circles for multiple hours.

James Stewart wants to thank you too, so he threw a massive whip to show his appreciation.

2 comments:

Pisgah Area Cycling said...

That is the sickest whip i have seen in my entire life!!!

Dan Ennis said...

ok we start training for whips like that on xc bikes today.