Friday, August 27, 2010

Between Tape

Hello,

It's been awhile as usual, pretty much slammed since school started. Classes are good, but it's hard to concentrate with only a year left. But I know you never post up before the finish so I should be good for a little bit longer.

Racing is going good, the team is getting along pretty well. We have about 50/50 new and old members and out of the new guys it's almost 50/50 transfer and freshmen. A interesting combo. Seems like everything is going good. The first race at ETSU was obviously the first big test for the gang. Everything went well, everybody got some good solid results, just what we want from the first race. I managed to pull off the "W" in the cross country and a fourth in the short track. Don't know how but I'll take it.

The collegiate season is pretty short this year, with just four local races and nationals. So we had a off weekend after ETSU. I squeezed in some hangout time with several different people and it turned out to be a good weekend. Not much ridding but at least I still have some teeth, right KB?

This past weekend was the Lee's McRae race. Probably my all time fav track. If I was to build a T Cowie signature course, LMC would be it. Leading up to the race was pretty busy and stressful but I just have fun on my bike so I was grinning from ear to ear on that descent. Pulled off a second in the XC and a second in the short track. But our two relativity new riders Morgan and Nate Dog posted up in both events. Puts me to shame haha. Big props to them.

Plans for the up coming weeks? Right now, it's the Pisgah Mountain Bike Stage Race in Brevard. The collegiate team is busy marking the course and working rest stops the whole week, it's hard work and it's cool to see the other side of racing. The Sycamore Cycles boys are holding it down in first overall with three days to go. Pretty sweet to pull it off in your hometown.

Anyways, I'll be glad when this week is over. Next weekend is the Clemson collegiate race, not my favorite race but it's close and they have a pretty sick short track course. Then it's straight to Conyers for the conference championships. A weekend to chillax and it's off to the West Coast again.

Pretty soon it will be all over and I can just hang the bike up for a long time.

It's been a long day already and a long week for me so I'm needing a laugh and I'm assuming you do to. Enjoy.



Jump for show, corner for dough.
TC

1 comment:

David Sagat said...

We're GOING here next summer dude: http://www.zapiks.com/helmet-cam-downhill-bike-cha-1.html

I owe you hardcore for Lees-McRae so hit me up when you get to Clemson and I'll buy you a beer or something.