Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pre-Riding

More chillage. Got up pretty early this morning and headed ova to Offenburg for our last race over here. It's World Cup number three. Wow, I'm so cracked right now. One more day and I'm heading home. It's been awesome but I need a break.

But on to the more interesting stuff. The course is alright, I was hoping it was a little faster but the downhills are steep and you pretty much have to crawl down them but the climbs are not that bad just short and moderately steep. Everything was covered in a slimy coating of mud which made things just a little sketchy. Just like home though haha.

I'm starting in the back again, yay. I guess moving up a hundred spots in Houffalize didn't make a difference because I'm four spots back in my call up, 226. Just put the head down and do work I guess. Simple enough.

After the race, we're packing up and rolling back to Oberrie and packing up the bikes and all our stuff. Some people are taking the train to Frankfurt Sunday night but me and T-Money are leaving Monday morning. I can't wait for that $200 charge on my bike. Ow. I hate airports, they stress me out. At least Frankfurt international has some very attractive attendants, so while my wallet is being lightened I'll have some eye candy. Makes everything ok right? Haha.

So yeah, I had nothing to do so I just killed like 15 minutes typing out this post that like five people might read and that really doesn't say anything. But hey I'm happy because that means I'm 15 minutes closer to dinna. Which is in 45 minutes now. Sorry, but it's a really, really big event of the day.

So if you not doing anything tomorrow and want to watch the Offenburg World Cup tune into freecaster and watch it all go down. But your probably not going to see us because we'll be at the back and they only show the winners. Haha; "if you ain't first, you're last".

Here's an alright movie of the race. Shows the start loop and the last climb and part of "dual speed" and the "snake pit". Also makes things look wayyy easier than they are. Those climbs and descents are much steeper than they look.



So I'm out America. Probably be back after the race though. Keep it pinned, I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

David Sagat said...

I saw sub-20 minute lap times at Offenburg! That's unbelievable. Crazy stuff man.
Call me if you come back to ATL area in the next 2 weeks before I leave for Euroland myself. We can go shred the gnar at Bull Mtn or something.