Monday, May 3, 2010

Houffa, puffa.

I was doing a lot of that. That’s fo sho. Where am I? Oh yeah Germany. I guess I’ll start with the race. I’m still trying to catch up a little bit. We finally made it to Germany and our new home for the next three weeks. Pretty rad place we’ve got here. Big props to USAC. Anyway to the race. We rolled out at 2:30 on Sunday. Headed down to the course about 1 with T-Money. As soon as we got there the sky opened up and started spilling some water out on the track. It had been raining off and on for the past day or so getting the track pretty slick. Not really muddy and not really wet it was a tossup for tires. Most of the US guys settled for some aggressive tires but not full on spikes. I ran my trusted Sauserwinds. Hooked up good and made for some interesting passes haha. Since it was raining before the start I hung out at the tent and warmed up pretty close to the start of the race. Tad made an interesting point. It takes the UCI 15 minutes to call up 250 riders and it takes the races in the US twice that time to call up 60 riders.

So yeah the race starts up a short but steep climb that was used in LBL. Still had Andy and Franks names painted all over the road. After you finished puking your brains out at the top of the climb there was a rolling descent that fell into a steep, steep Euro drop. I was going to show up Nino and boot a root off a tree but there was about 10,000 riders running down the hill in front of me. When we hit the road I literally had to stand and wait for a good 2 or 3 minutes waiting for people to run down the next Euro drop. The rest of the course was some short down hills sprinkled with punchy climbs. Umm…yeah like no flat so it was pretty much full gas, crawl down following some terrible Euro dude and then full gas on the next open part to try and get around them. Felt like I was starting to move up until the 3 or fourth lap when things finally started to sort out and there was less people on course. Hung with Travis for a bit before we both got pulled at the end of the fourth lap.

Felt pretty good during the race but I kept on making small amateur mistakes that kept adding up. Felt like I was doing my first mountain bike race in years. Oh well, I’ve got a few more before I leave.

Anyway I need to post some pictures for you. I’ve got a bit of an easy day tomorrow so I was going to snap some images of the new place we’re staying at. Pretty sick rig. We live on a farm in a really nice hostel/bed and breakfast/hotel type thing. The best part is they have a spout for gassy water (the only water they drink over here). It’s on the back wall, you just roll up and out comes gassy. Awesome!!!

Wow there’s a bunch of stuff I’m leaving out. I need to write another blog since I’m struggling on this one. The people call me…


Forgive me, press from the race.

Link 1

Link 2

Also for those of you without facebook. Here's the link to my album.

1 comment:

David Sagat said...

Hope you're having fun dude.
And get a Twitter! All the cool people are doing it.