Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Heubacher

Sorry, sorry. I'm taking forever. But hey give me a break. I was pretty busy this past week. I mean I just hangout and ride my bike. Busy life eh?

Nah, actually it's been pretty pinned. I had a birthday, I raced, and I came with a Euro bug. Thursday I woke up and was feeling pretty crappy so I ended up sleeping most of the day and most of Friday too. But I was feeling much better Saturday when we drove up to Heubach for a race. I raced "Bike the Rock" last year and it was pretty rad. Basic design, climb for about 10 minutes roll on top for 2 or 3 and then a rough, rutted out descent back to the finish. It was also just a U23 race so it was a little smaller field than usual, but not any slower because I think the guy who won would have got top 5 in Pro. I got a decent call up but was too timid at the start and got shuffled back. That was cool with me since I was just trying to finish the race and not drop out.

Slowly started moving up since I was still feel good. I was having so much fun on the descent. I love course with a big climb followed by a sick downhill. I can totally get my head around the idea of "the faster I climb, the faster I can get to the descent". Anything else is kind of lame.

Anyway, I moved up a few places and almost caught the group that T-Money was in. Couldn't do it though so I rolled in for 40th or something. I finished and I was still on the lead lap so I was stoked about that. My last lap was my second fastest lap so it's always good when that happens.

What next? Well we're half way through our last week here. Just more chillage at the house for a few more days and then it's off to Offenburg on Saturday for some pre-riding at Offenburg, the last race. This is another World Cup so check out freecaster and watch it live. I might be able to post the link.

Yeah, not much happening here. Although I'm so stoked to be over here, I'm going to be happy to be heading home. We're flying out on Monday so I'll be back in the US of A that night. A few days hanging out here and there and it's back home to start working and get in some good training and some other secret projects.

I added a movie from the first downhill/4X World Cup. The opening bit is pretty cool. There's a reason cool people have cool nicknames and you'll find out why Mick Hannah is know as "Sick Mick". Pretty rad.

Adding some pictures from my ride too. Taken on my ride today to the roof of Germany, the Feilburg.





Here's some presse from the Heubach race too.

And for those of you who are not endowed with the wonders of Facebook. Here's the link for that.

No comments: