Monday, September 28, 2009

Summation

I'm combining all of my previous posts into one. Kind of, not really. I'm just combining two of the titles into one.

First off the race, well let's go back to "Win Some Lose Some". That's what it was. I was a little uptight before the short track so sorry to those of you who I might have upset. I was feeling a little pressure from the home crowd and everything. That was one race I could not screw up. Well the cross country was a different story but we'll get to that. The short track was awesome, it was soppy, I was on not my bike, and I did pretty good.

Thanks for all of those who came out despite the rain and mud to watch us. I'll just say it was nice to have a little bit of fun on the last lap. Thanks again.

I could have gone a little easier in the short track to save myself for the XC but I decided that I'm going to stop racing like that. I stand by what I said at the start of the season: I want to win every race. I'm over all the bs that goes with racing, if you're fast you can win any track, any day, any conditions. I'm not saying that I can do that because I can't win every single time I race, but I'm going to start trying.

The XC was on the side of the "lose some" statement. I probably gave too much away in the short track and the short end of it was that I cracked. There's a few more things I did wrong but I'm not going to say those because someone might be reading. Haha.

We've been racing for three straight weeks and I'm getting a little tired. Saturday is the start of conference championships. It's going to be a pretty big weekend considering we're only a few points behind Warren Wilson for the team title. I might have to press the gas a bit more.

The other part of my title is what I did today. I was a little over riding my bike for a day so what to do? Go for a hike. Yeah it was kind of strange walking on trails that I'm usually going twice as fast down. It took me almost an hour to hike Daniel's Ridge. It was good times. Just me, my lunch, and my camera. I can't do anything that doesn't involve bikes so I admit that I did walk Daniel's so I could check out some new lines. Whatever, dare I say it? It was kind of fun in a different way.

So for you nature/artsy/female people out there that read my blog I have some outdoors pictures.






Later America, I've probably got some kind of school work to do.

Oh yeah if your in the area, I would check out the conference race at Clemson this weekend. I might be rolling out some "special" bits for the finals. Props to my sponsors, they rule.

No comments: