Monday, May 8, 2006

SERC Dauset

SERC .5 Dauset
Well, it started to rain right before the start and held off for part of the first lap. At the start I got a really bad start myself but was able to sprint up to take hole shot. Going in the trees at the very beginning of the lap I went partially anaerobic from the sprint but I calmed down pretty fast, that's when I noticed that nobody, I mean nobody was behind me. I kept looking back through the trees and I could see them but I was expecting them to come up on me really fast, they never did. Finally I got tried of half waiting for them and decided that considering I was in the lead I should probably speed up to stay in the lead. I have no idea how hard I was going because I think some water got into my HRM and it's not working anymore but, I must have been doing 160-170 that whole first lap. Speaking of the first lap, on the last climb it poured down rain. This made it awful the next lap because the mud was now really wet and liked to be flung up into your eyes. My left eye is still blood red and is really sore from all the mud. After the race it felt like someone had punched me in the face. That was the second lap, the third was probably the worst because the mud or rather the water had started to dry up leaving a good 5 inch coating of mud on the trail. I was super happy that I never crashed ever on the slippery course. I had to put my foot down on some of the climbs but never crashed. I ended up beating the guy in 2nd by 3 and a half minuets and third was 16 minuets behind. Everybody else, 20 plus. Small crowd but I still got some more points for the series. And a bottle of champagne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Tristan...cool blog..