Thursday, May 4, 2006

SERC Clemson

It was an awful race, we got to the race kind of late after driving straight from Athens the night before and only getting 5 hours of sleep that night (besides only getting 4 hours on Friday). Anyway, it was really cold and there was a long registration line, so I got a really bad, 15min warm up before the race.

The race, it started out really fast, although we only had 9 people! Some dude from FSU lead into the first down hill, I was doing pretty good, I knew I was a lot better on the climbs, but I made a few small mistakes and the gap opened. Coming into feed the first time he had a 30sec lead or so, 2nd lap I had some cramps, and felt pretty bad. So I backed off a little bit, and the next lap he move a little more ahead, one min. So, I was like, I really need to chase, so I hauled butt for the rest of the lap and then I cross the road and Bill Bennet is like "oh yeah he's two minuets in front", and from there it's 3 miles or so to the finish so I just rode in. I only won 60 bucks too. It sucked.

Today, I was just kicking my self because I felt sooo good during the intervals and I knew I could have won that race. The worst part is that I wasn't even going that hard, my average heart rate was 166. I really really want to win the next one at Dauset.

No comments: