Sunday, October 4, 2009

Warheads?

Yep, sweet and sour. That's how it went down this weekend in the dirty, dirty south. For the final collegiate race in the normal season (that is, not counting nationals)I added a little bit of spice to the flavor of the weekend by rolling up with full on golf gear. If I do say so myself I was looking pretty fly. However, no podium groupies by the end of the day....bummer.

The short track was a little behind but it's all good with collegiate racing. It was a bitter fight down to the end with Zach and I barely squeaked by with the W. I took some time off and went to town with the 'rents and had some pizza with a mushroom that knows how to chill out.

Came back for some slalom action in the afternoon. The track was a little better than years past. Still pretty awkward. Whatever, if your fast you can win anywhere, any time, any conditions. Don't believe me? Check it hater. Quallied 8th so not too shabby but had a few rough runs to the round of 8 where I met up with Danny and rolled it so he could save himself.

XC was the final event of the season. I moved up one spot in the overall after Perley didn't show up to race on Saturday. I held it down for the first bit of the race but four weeks on the road were catching up quickly. Zach and I had another battle for most of the race before I crashed and got gapped. I was riding pretty crappy so I just shut it down and rode it in to get my 2nd spot.

The team didn't have any amazing rides but we did enough work to get the team allocations for nationals. That means we get to take everybody we want to. Sick.

To those of you who are not making the trip to nationals. I'm going to miss you. Even though we had a huge team and I wasn't super stoked on the idea, I bummed that we can't take the entire team to Cali and race. It was awesome hanging out and I hope we can do more of that when the seasons over and everybody's done riding.

On to that, we finally have a weekend off and I need it. I'm looking forward to some quality chillage and riding and eating some amazing food. We're leaving North Kack on Wednesday and the first race over there is the XC, my favorite. I'll be updating the blog and letting everybody know how things are rolling. It looks like it won't be too cold but we shall see eh? Ah, whatever. If it gets too cold my Canadian genes will kick in and I'll be immune to it. So nice having super powers that other normal people don't. I guess that's why they call me the Captain.

I'll probably skip out on some home work to write another blog this weekend. I'll even add some cool facts about Cali and where we're racing at. Cool huh?

Instead of having sweet movies of nats, I found some off of Dirt Mag. And even a movie of the Clemson race this weekend. Albeit the dual and downhill. You can even see some 828 riders. Sickness.

So go get that microwave going or if you're like Sportlegs then use the oven and watch some quality movies.







No comments: