Sunday, October 12, 2008

Roller Coaster

Dude so like....conyers is still really, really fast.

TT went ok, I just tried to stay safe, save something for the short track and check out some new lines on the XC. I done did everything so I was pretty stoked about that.

Short track was on a lame course, needed to be more selective but the guys didn't listen to me. We'll just see what happens when I win the race. Nah, Eric from LMC was there so I definitely keeping him on a short leash. But I ended up squeaking by Chris J for the win.

I was determined to win the XC so I went to bed at like 9:30 that night. Day started ok, with the race getting delayed and everything but whatever. I got a good start but literally 2 minuets into the race like my front gear changer thingy started screwing up. I stopped and fixed it and watched the entire Men's A field go by. Awesome. I started chasing and the gap on the first lap was 2 minuets. On the second it was 1.30 minuets. Third was 1 minuet. I was about to get pissed because St Marie voted on the start to race four laps instead of five and if I missed the win by a lap I was going to be pretty upset.

Anyway I finally caught Eric with about half a lap to go and I attacked right when I made contact. It was nice to finally get a win under the belt even though it didn't come the easiest way.

So I came off a good week end of racing before conference. We drove down to Clemson on Saturday morning and started getting ready for the short track. It rained a couple of days before hand so the track was almost completely opposite of last year. Super tacky, almost of to the point of slippery but not. It was pretty fun because you could drift all the turns really well but not lose control.

Anyway, we got off to a good start and I was in a group of four with Brad, Scott, and Jose Cuervo. I wanted to drop Cuervo so I put in a couple of hot laps that broke up the group and I coasted in for second.

Big props go out to Dan P.Ennis and Tupperware for their cleaning up of the down hill and dual slalom. Another prop goes out to Little E who qualified second in the downhill and dual slalom and he's not even in college yet. By the way for those of you who are looking to recruit Little E back off, he's mine.

To make a long story short, the XC didn't go as planned. I lead for three out of five laps each time trying to break up the LMC train. Fourth time up the hill, Brad put in a good digger and popped me off but I almost caught back on the next decent. I flatted at the bottom and had to stop and fix it. With one lap to go I figured I wouldn't be able to catch back up so I soft pedaled until Cuervo (in third) latched on and I crashed trying to drop him. In the end, we needed as many points as we could get for the overall and I lost three places in the last lap pretty much so that sucked. And I'm pretty sure I lost the individual standings to Brad at the same time so not a very successful weekend for me.

I'm pretty happy I didn't get too hurt, just a little beat up and some really good training. Nationals are next weekend, so I'm resting and we are driving to the course on Sunday so I can get some practice on it. Should be fun.

Now I'm up to date so I don't want to hear any more complaining.

A&P is going to be awesome today, I have a test that I completely forgot to study for so wish me luck.

T

1 comment:

Dan Ennis said...

so doing wheelies in front of janisbrewskijuicyskuski for half the race is squeaking by? i gotta try that technique...