Friday, October 10, 2008

Back Home

Finally, I got around to writing this report. We drove down on Friday after getting the trailer loaded and packed. Half of the college team stayed at my house and the other half hung out at the Chaputs. I ran around making sure everyone was comfortable and having fun. Probably was on my feet wayyy too much but whatever.

Saturday started early as I got up at 5 to eat and get ready to race. We ended up getting to the parking lot like, an hour and a half early but we were on Squirrel time.

Short track was good, I rode a good race tactially and ended up third and saved some energy in the process. The TT was just after that and in retrospect I didn't eat enough in between which would kill me the next day. The TT started good too, I hit the climb just like I wanted to when my front tire went flat. I didn't bring any tools because in a 20 minuet effort there's really no time to fix anything I walked the rest of the loop and finished dead last. Bummer.

Sunday wasn't quite so early at 5:30 wake up. I didn't get a great warm up for the XC and the meal that I missed the day before definitely hurt me. About an hour into the race I completely cracked and got passed by a bunch of people. I think I still ended up 5th or 6th but I really wanted the win so that wasn't very good.

If they had a down hill race on that course I think I could pull off the W because I could ride that thing with my eyes closed. It was pretty sick.

Well, I'm betting that I'm not going to have enough time before A&P to write one for Conyers I'll have to wait and post that.

Peace,
T

No comments: