Thursday, June 25, 2009

More than cowbell needed

Well, I’m not really sure when I can post this because I’m without internet for a while. I’m working a USA Cycling Camp in North Carolina this week and the place we are staying at doesn’t have any access which is a major bummer. I can’t even find out who won the World Cup this weekend…hint, hint.

Did the Cowbell Challenge yesterday. Alright course, not really my type though. Pretty hot, but I don’t think it really affected me. I was doing good, sitting in for a lap and then made some mistakes and got gapped and couldn’t catch back on in the really fast field sections. It sucked because I could see the lead group just up the road but couldn’t nail it down. Oh well, rolled in for 6th just off the podium and just out of the money too. Again.

I guess I shouldn’t be complaining too much because even though it was a bad day I still was in the mix but it’s not really where I should be you know.

So yeah, just chilaxing in North Kack for the week and doing a bunch of riding. Pretty sweet huh? I doubt I’m going to do the SERC race at Raccoon Mtn. so the next race is Anniston probably. Didn’t take any pictures this weekend either, so bummed about that too. Crappy weekend.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Boo-hoo. Sixth place. Come on, Tristan! Wasn't the heat index something around 105, anyway? Don't let it spoil your weekend. You did fine. Remember: it can always be worse!:)

Why don't you tell us about other fun things going on with you?...like your bad ass lectures.