Monday, June 1, 2009

Bumping Around the South

So I had somebody tell me I had a New Zealand-ish accent today. That's never happened before.

I didn't really know I sounded New Zealand but whatever, that's cool. Sorry it's been awhile since I last checked in. Not much has happened, or maybe I've been too busy to write anything. Anyway, uh....what has happened? Oh yeah, I did the Bump and Grind Race in Bama town.

It went ok, the start was pretty intense, right up there with a Euro start as 70-something dudes tried to cram into the same two-inch wide single track.

I was still feeling Germany a bit and I really needed a rest. I was making a ton of mistakes and hitting sections super sloppy. But I hung on to finish up 21st which was a pretty good result for how I was feeling.

So I found some cool footage of race and even a split second of me at the call ups.

Here is another picture from the pre-ride, sorry Thad you didn't make the cut I guess.

Next on the calendar is another week of chilling at the house while painting my room. I hope, if everything goes as planned. And then it's off to North Kack for the next Kenda Cup and a week of helping out developing riders at the USA Cycling Camp. Then it might be the next SERC race at Raccoon Mtn. I don't know about that because I didn't really enjoy the course last year and it might be good to save a little bit of money. We'll see.

I leave you with a great site that my pal Dot Com lead me to. It's pretty funny.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Raccoon Mountain has some amazing trails. I'm not sure how well it would flow at race pace, though. Super fun stuff recreationally.