Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hey do I know you?

Um...I don't think you do. That was yelled at me when I rode past a group of elementary schoolers the other day. I was coming back from the Thursday night group ride on the bike path and trying to dodge parents and there little football players.

Whatever, that was a completely useless story. I was trying to tie that into my blog, but it didn't really work. I guess I'll start off with the Brevard race last week end. I do have some pictures, but I don't feel like posting any of them right now. I'll get to it later.

Anyway, the whole week before the race Thad had us building the course. We finished the last section on Thursday and had the wiring done for the dual slalom on Friday night. So, we cut it close but in the end we pulled it off. I'd like to thank everyone for working on the course especially Approachable and Coach Squirrel. I didn't really do anything except race so I really appreciate all the help that everybody did except me.

The short track went good, I think I played the tactics good until the last three laps when the lights went out. I was disappointed that I got dropped but I just need a little more training before I'll feel good in the short tracks. I got third though and I was happy with that but I still haven't gotten a W yet. The XC went better, but not much. I followed Scott for the first couple of laps and he attacked on the third and I let the gap open and tried to chase but couldn't bring back any time. Got 2nd in that race. I was pretty bummed not to win in front of the home crowd, but I was pretty tapped.

Right now I'm hanging out at home. I went home to clean the house and stuff before the college team comes and stays at the house for the North Georgia race. I just finished cleaning everything and I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of the weekend. I guess I'll go for a ride and then do some home work.

Oh yeah, this is pretty cool. So like I was surfing the net as usual and I thought why not find a trail on the drive home to hit up. So I found the White Twister, also known as the Stonewall Falls trail. It's just outside Clayton. It's pretty fun, very overgrown, but a bunch of steep climbs and descents with some tight switchbacks to keep you on your toes. It's pretty sweet to be driving to or from Brevard and say: "Man, I want to go ride!" And pull off the road and go for a 30minuet ride and get back on the road.

Well, I can't really think of anything else to say so I'm out.
Latea
T

No comments: