Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tiger Rage

Oops almost forgot to write this one. I was trying to decide on what to start the whole thing off with. The week end was simple, woke up on Saturday and cleaned the bike a bit. Hung out at the bike shop a bit and road my bike for a bit. So the day was made out of bits.

It rained a little bit Sat afternoon so I waited around until it stopped and went out for a quickie. It was fun, but somewhat cold. Didn’t really do anything that night, just stuck myself and went to sleep. It was nice not having to wake up super early in the morning either.

Since race preparation is not the most exciting thing in the world, I’ll skip over a bit. The race was good; they had changed the course some from the regular one. They cut out the long gravel descent and climb and everything around the lake. They had also cut a new section of trail around the start finish, it kinda sucked though as it was a new trail and everything and it was really bumpy. It would have been ok, but not really at the very start of the race. I’m nit picking though.

The race was good, a group of three rolled off the front early on. Mike, me and Zed. We swapped pulls for a lap and then Zed fell off the pace. Mike and I road together for another lap and he put in a pretty good digger up the climb. I wasn’t feeling fresh as a peach so it took me a whole another lap to close it down. I took a pull and Mike fell off the pace, so I rode the rest of the race by myself.

I was hoping I would do good at the Tiger because it is a good warm up for Greenbrier next week end. Greenbrier is a UCI race in Maryland; I went last year to pick up some extra points for the World’s race. They ended up changing the rules of the selection so it didn’t really help me. 2008 comes around and I going back up because it was a really fun, well organized race.

So since this post is pretty lame I’m adding some pictures for you folks. Hope you like ‘em.









1 comment:

Wes D said...

You are AWESOME!!!