Friday, March 21, 2008

The Good, the Bad and FREE STUFF!

Once again I'm skipping out on home work to write blogs. Maybe I should start charging people who read a nominal fee. For every blog you read you have to help me type a page for my paper. Sound good? No, ok that's cool.

What I was going to tell you about before I started talking about money is Spring BREAK!
Most people get really excited about spring break, I don't. This leads to many long conversations with my room mate, he attempts to improve my out look on life. But hey, I think summer break is a little better than a week off but who asks me.

Since I've spent the last two breaks on the road, it was nice to come home and hang out with the parentals. That I haven't done because they have had to work and I sit around the house, sweeping the floor, fixing meals, and wasting time on my computer. Side note-our Internet is wayyyyy better than the schools, plus it's wireless so yes, I can sit on the toilet and check my facebook. It has been done before.

I thought that I was coming home to some nice Georgia weather so I could work on my tan lines and not carry an extra 200 dollars worth of clothing on every ride. I didn't even bring my tights home. Bad idea, as many of you know this whole week has been overcast 40 degree weather. Not terrible but not quite what I expected. To add to that I have burned my eggs three times in the last two day-and dropped one on the floor, been unable to order shoes because the company decided not to carry that set anymore, grated carrots, and run out of things to eat-on Monday.

However, some good things have been happening. I did get two boxes of Girl Scout cookies from Mom and Dad on my desk when I got home. Little did they know I had already eaten a whole box out of the freezer. I got my wheels ordered as well as my fork from Fox. I've got to do a little blatant sponsorship endorsement here. So, I needed some tires from Maxxis, I got on their website Tuesday morning and sent my order form in. By like 10 o'clock (I ordered at 8ish) I already had a confirmation of my order. By that afternoon, I also had a UPS tracking number. When I got up the next morning (9ish) I checked the tracking number and it already said the package was en-route. By 12, my brand new Monorails were sitting on my doorstep.

Now they are based in Atlanta which explains the fast delivery, but within 6 hours, I had already got confirmation and a tracking number. Now that's service! Maxxis rules!

This was soooo much better than people and companies I have worked with before. There were several races last year when I didn't even have tires. So I had to mark out the names of other tires and run those.
Ah, the good ol'days.

Now in the last post, or the one before that, or one of 'em. I said that I was going to take some pictures and post them. I'm sorry but I have not taken a single one. I promise that by the time I write my next post I will have some pictures (hey-that's a really good excuse not to write). You have to understand where I'm coming from though. Riding my bike is not very exciting: I look down, I look up, I spit to the side, I look down, I look back up, I sit up and stretch, I look down, I look up, I....you get the picture. Other than that there's really nothing else exciting on my rides. There might be cool stuff, like doing 40 in an aero tuck and watching the car coming at you slide into the wrong lane and screech back into their lane, but it's hard to take pictures of that.

Anyway, there will be some, soon. I promise.

I leave with this last thought: Don't let damn Brevard area seniors eat your mac and cheese, like they did Chaput. Senior citizens can be sneaky as hell sometimes.

1 comment:

Dan Ennis said...

good job on getting some maxxis action.. im a little jealous.