Monday, April 30, 2007

UCI Greenbrier, MD

This week end we headed up to Maryland for a Cat 2 NRC race.
I'll explain the whole NRC thing later, I actually need to finish a paper for Literature so this blog has to be short.

Anyway, nice place but, the course was pretty boring. Just a climb, downhill, some gavel road, then a super steep climb, another decent, a really, really rocky climb and a somewhat techincal downhill to the Start/Finish.

Had a good start, slotted in behind this guy from Maryland, I think. I had no idea who was strong and who these people were, because I'm used to racing the guys back home. Andy told me to sit in the first couple pf laps and see what everybody else did.

Well I let this guy go on the climb and decent and caught up to him on the road I passed him on the next climb and this Trek guy followed me. I lead part way up the steep climb until I fell and had to run a bit. The Trek guy passed me and I latched on to his wheel. I followed him for the rest of the lap and coming through S/F I wanted to do some of the pace making so I went to the front. That was the last time I saw anybody in my class.

I think I won by two minuets. Didn't feel great but I didn't feel bad either. A local race, Ducktown is next week end and I would like to win it, it's a climbers course with some long climbs and decents. I just hope it rains.

I'll come back someday and fill ya in on what else happened. Got to finish da paper.
Peace
TC

No comments: