Monday, March 20, 2006

GA SS State Champs

Ok, the last week end was the Georgia State Single Speed Champs.
I came into the race wanting to win, because I thought it would be cool to be called the state champ and I wanted the fancy jersey that came with it. Race day came and I got in a Ok warm up but I could have been better, it was really cool and windy. The expert class had about 20 or so.
First off, this was the slowest and quietest bike race I have ever been in. I couldn't get up to the leaders and a big group rolled off fast I tried to bridge but it was too late and I was like totaly anaerobic.
So by lap two, I figured that I was sitting top 15 maybe and desiced to use the race for training. The last lap I did pass two people in the last 3miles so I was kinda happy about that.Single Speeds would be OK just to ride but not to race, as Andy said part of the fun of MTBing is you get to go fast, on a single speed you don't. I ended up 10th out of like 20 so that's OK.

TC

No comments: