Saturday, July 18, 2009

One Last Weekend

So, I have finally returned to racing. Well it feels like it's been a while. Drove up to the new Falling Waters race today and checked out the course. Also managed to get lost and drive around in Gilmer County. Awesome. Found some good roads to ride and some not so good and didn't really find a race until the very end.

Interesting course, straight up a future subdivision road and straight down right beside the road in the woods. Not much to it. The climb is pretty uncomfortable and the top part is pretty slow, but the decent is quite scary. I really wish I had some type of computer on my mountain bike because I'm pretty sure I'm going to hit a new top speed tomorrow. Super, super fast. My brakes decided to stop working when I tried braking for the hairpin corner but I manged to keep it up right for a few more feet.

Anyway, didn't get any pictures today but I'll try and get some tomorrow. Just doing the race for some good training before my big northern trip and hopefully not killing myself either.

Careful of the clown fish.




Oh and my new sport.

No comments: